Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Embarassing Law Enforcement Vehicles

Tonight Kate & I went to dinner at Easton, a great big outdoor mall place outside Columbus. We ate at a fun French restaurant.
Our waiter was funny - he recommended to us about half the dishes on the menu, one by one. He forgot to bring Kate lemons for her water--3 times. But he smiled. That's important.
After dinner, we walked around and window-shopped in all the closed shops. Kate sews, so she got ideas from the "spiffy" (one of her favorite words) dresses and tops at Anthropologie.

After a pleasant stroll, I realized I had locked my keys in my car.
I called AAA (the first thing they ask is "are you in a safe place?" I think that is really a very good idea.). It's funny, because we're doing a show at work about safe driving, I've been calling AAA at work, getting their central office, and then getting transferred to all kinds of local offices. The same thing happened tonight, just in the customer end, not the publicity end.

Then Kate suggested that we try to find mall security. And amazing things happened.

Kate pushed a blue light**.. and
We were rescued by a mall cop in a Smart Car**-
who didn't have a flashlight,
so he called for backup.

His backup was a police cruiser,
and a man on a Segway**...(with a helmet, of course)
who came rolling up together.
The Segway mall cop
did loops and turns throughout the parking lot.

They were funny guys. It's a good thing my passenger side window doesn't close all the way... that made it a lot easier to unlock the door..
It was an awesome rescue. And I'm going to remember my keys from now on.

**I stole these pictures from the internets

1 comment:

  1. This was an Awesome story... I'm glad you got pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete