Monday, June 15, 2009

Second Day/First Weekend

Today at work I... tried my hand at writing a radio promo for an upcoming WOSU event, updated and reorganized an intranet site, and uploaded 30 historical photographs of a local meatpacking plant. I also found a really large map of a lot of Columbus' neighborhoods while doing some research.

The publicity has subsided, but Swine flu continues to spread. The first MA H1N1 death was reported today. A couple things on this topic - First: I know that there are many more disease outbreaks that are worse than swine flu, but this one is new and it's in the US, so I understand, and I don't think it's just media frenzy. Second: Boston.com's Breaking News Alerts are terrible. Important things happen in the world, but Boston.com sends me about 1-2 updates a week, and most to all of them are convictions or acquittals of local murderers. That's not really new news. The crimes are old, and relatively small (compared to wars, elections, etc) - not really going to affect my life so much that I need an e-mail alert. Yet I still subscribe. Alas.

Oh, and Iran's still going crazy about their election...

And I love the BBC World Service.

~
I'm trying hard not to ask anyone what a Buckeye is, and resisting the urge to Google it. It's Ohio State's mascot, and people are crazy about Ohio State, so Buckeyes are everywhere... whatever they are.

~
This weekend I saw a production in the park put on by Columbus' actors' theatre. They did "The Three Musketeers" and it was a lot of fun. I also went out to Easton to go shopping... they have a huge mall with lots and lots of stores and fun restaurants. My friend Kate and I ate at a sandwich place and then went to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert: I so seldom actually get Cheesecake there, because the meals are so filling. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment